Turing's centuries-old story;
The Turkish Touring Automobile Club was founded on November 6, 1923, under the name of "Turkish Traveler Society", under the leadership of Deputy Reşit Saffet Atabinen, one week after the proclamation of the Republic. The institution, which started with two chambers and two civil servants, continued with the status of an association working for the public benefit in 1930. It has undertaken the task of preparing customs and traffic documents with the special powers given by the state. With its pioneering tourism activities in the first years of the Republic, it continued its activities as a ministry in the field of tourism until the Ministry of Tourism was established in the 1960s.
Today, in many cities of Turkey, especially in Istanbul, many shining historical places, many projects in the cultural and artistic life, many organizations from touristic businesses to customs and traffic services bear the signature of The Turkish Touring Automobile Club.
The founding president, Reşit Saffet Atabinen and members of the institution are in front of Touring’s first central office in Galata Voyvoda Street.